Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Movin' on Out


I moved out! Yes, it’s true and I’m loving it. Like I had planned, I moved in with my fiancé’s brother. He had two roommates, but one moved out and now I’m in. I started packing early Monday morning and didn’t finish unpacking until 7pm. I can’t imagine how much it must suck moving an entire house. I was exhausted after one room. This is the first time I have ever not had a bunk bed. I laid in bed and just looked at the ceiling. Okay, not really, because I fell asleep watching Spiderman, but you get the idea. I think that’s when I knew this was my place, when I laid down and watched a DVD. I do this every night as I fall asleep. I really feel weird if I just lay down without a movie on, or at least the radio. I’m sure there are many psycho-dimensions to what I just typed but I don’t know any of them so… What I do know is that I love being moved out. I was at my fiancé’s last night and I realized I could go home whenever I wanted. I didn’t even have to if I felt so inclined. A lot of my friend’s used to talk about how when they turned 18 there parents would have to let them do what they wanted. This never made sense to me because they still support you. If you go to college, or just live at home and have a job (or not) they still pay for something, whether it’s food, housing, schooling, bills or whatever. So how can they not tell you what to do? I always knew that in my family, until I was completely independent I would have to obey my parents’ rules. Even if I felt I’d grown out of those rules, I knew that until I had grown up enough to take care of myself, I had to follow them. So now at 20 years old, I have complete freedom. It’s pretty cool. I can do whatever I want. Of course Uncle Ben brings up a good point which touches very close to home. "With great power, comes great responsibility." Although the power he was referring to involved beating the crap out of bullies in school it still has real meaning. I think my responsibility level is okay but I guess I’ll have to wait and see.

In keeping up with prior posts, my rockstar dreams are continuing to play out. After bitterly losing our battle of the bands we held on to hope because most (including these guys) thought we I did great. Supposedly we are tentatively scheduled for a sit down meeting with them as well as they are tentatively planning on going to our next show. That’s a lot of tentatives, I know, but I’m hopeful. If you wanna help call up Universal Records and tell them how much you love my band and more importantly, how much you want to pay to hear us. They love that kind of stuff.

Movie: Almost Famous

No comments: