Thursday, October 14, 2004

I was Used


Last night I saw The Used in Ventura. They played great. The opening bands were pretty bad though. I couldn’t even understand the singer of the first band when he said who they were a few times, but they sucked anyway. The second band, Head Automatica were a little better. They all dressed up for the night and played through their 80’s music as best as they could I guess. The third band, Atreyu were loud, but other than that they just sounded like what Story of the Year would sound like if they wrote bad songs. Finally at about 10:45pm The Used came on. They played a great set with an equal balance of new and old songs. My only complaint would be that their set wasn’t long enough (only about 30-45 min., 11 songs + 1 encore song). On the bright side, Bert has really found his voice’s comfort level. He rarely sounded too strained and always went for the high notes. When I finally got home and ate some pizza I only slept for about an hour, but it was well worth it. I strongly suggest you see a date of this tour because The Used is awesome live.


Sorry about the small update today, but I’m tired and I have to get back to work. Check out some of the band’s sites. Maybe you’ll like the opening bands and there’s nothing at all wrong with that. It just means you have lousy taste in music. How about a comment telling me what music you do like.

Movie: Snatch

1 comment:

Alan Hovden said...

Hey Travis...cool site. Did you take the photos? Thanks for taking a look at my blog...er...blogel, Virtual Nations! Just posted a new installment. I'm trying to figure out how to add blog links to my site and when I do I'll add yours.