Thursday, October 07, 2004

Indecision 2004


Well, it’s been another busy week at work, hence the lack of updates. There have been, however, a few interesting developments in my life recently. Yesterday I started helping this lady with her kids in the mornings. Monday through Friday I get to their house around 6:15am, wake them up, feed them breakfast, make their lunches and take them to school. I’m done by 8:00am and get paid $75 a week. Not to bad, especially since the kids are real cool. The money may come in handy when I have to start paying for rent to live at home. I still can’t believe my parents are gonna do that but whatever. I should be moving out soon anyway.

Something else that gets annoying is the constant barrage of commercials on TV reminding me to vote. They don’t care whom I vote for, as long as I vote. Every 15 seconds some celebrity with a catchy election phrase is telling me not to let my rights go to waste. They say I shouldn’t let someone else make decisions for me. Like my voting for Kerry is gonna change a single thing in the world. Wether Kerry wins or Bush wins, I can guarantee you that nothing will change. We will still be in an economic slump, gas prices will continue to rise, soldiers will continue to die, and my life will still be the same. The only one who can change my life, regardless of what person is president, is myself. If I want to be rich and succesful, that’s up to me. If I wanna shoot heroin and be a bum, that’s my choice too. No president is gonna save me.

If I ever get rich and famous enough, and have a "podium" to tell people about the election I would tell them the truth. This country is the best you’re gonna find anywhere in the world. That is a fact. But if you don’t like how much prescription drugs cost there’s only one thing to do, make more money. Do you really think that voting "makes your voice heard" or "let’s you speak your mind"? Of course not. It just gets some guy in the white house who already has his own agenda and no matter what he told you on the campaign trail about health care reform, he’s gonna do what he wants cause he’s in charge now, not you.

Sorry about the cynical rant but it just pisses me off. The point; Don’t vote. Exercise your right to not be heard, because the truth is no one’s listening. You know who does care? I do, really. So tell me about it.

Movie: Phenomenon

No comments: