Tuesday, October 19, 2004

It's Raining Rock & Roll


The main event for tonight is that Band B has a show in Anaheim. I’m excited to see how many people show up that only know us from MySpace.com (or maybe because of this site). I’m still not sure how I’m gonna get down there since I have no gas or gas money, but something will happen I’m sure. I usually take three of the amps in my truck when we have shows but since amps are not waterproof, I will not be in charge of that this time. A huge storm is supposed to hit us sometime tonight. It’s kinda weird because although we live in the desert about half of our shows are on rainy nights. We even thought about changing our band’s name due to this incredible fact. I think Cats & Dogs would’ve been a good band name, maybe in the 80’s. Anyway, playing live shows is one of the coolest things I’ve ever done. Even practice is fun when you love the songs you’re playing. It’s so awesome performing songs that are 100% original. Just hearing the music all come together behind you and standing there, completely immersed in the moment. I suggest that everyone be in a band. There is nothing like it. If anyone reads this today and wants to go to the show tonight, let me know and I’ll give you the details.

Speaking of readers, I finally have some! Yes, it’s true. Thanks so much to all of you who have left me comments. I guess that all my begging and pandering really paid off. I know this site isn’t the most exciting blog around but I find it very interesting and relate-able. One of my new favorite blogs is Virtual Nations. It’s by this novelist who’s revealing a chapter per blog of this story he wrote a while ago. Check it out. I’ve said this in the past but now that people may read it I’ll say it again. If anyone knows of a cool site I should visit let me know. If it’s good I’ll mention it and then you’re really on your way aren’t you?

Movie: The Godfather

No comments: