Thursday, December 30, 2004

For love of the game


As I stated in a previous post, I finally got GTA: SA. It really is the coolest game ever. I have absolutely no idea how they are able to cram so much game into a single disc but I’ll go with it. The map is at least four or five times bigger than the previous game, Vice City and Vice City is gigantic. It’s almost as if the creators of the game sat around and said, "Okay, what would be cool to see in a game?" And then they just did it. I even went home during my lunch break just to play it for a while. I seriously cannot stop and I love it.

In case some of you have never played it before I’ll tell you some cool stuff you can do. I’ve won $1.8 million so far on video horse racing. I made a couple more thousand pool sharking at local bars. I starting dating some crack-whore I saved from a building I torched. I made $2000 in one night after I sold some stuff I’d robbed from peoples’ homes. I started my own gang. I broke into a major recording studio and killed the guards who had my homie’s rhyme book. I robbed six crates of weapons and ammunition from the National Guard. I own two homes so far. I’ve started working for a crooked cop who closely resembles Mace Windu. I’ve done all of this in the time since Christmas.

I’m still in the town called Los Santos (Los Angeles) but eventually I’ll get to San Fierro (San Francisco) and Las Venturas (Las Vegas). I have a feeling that this game is going to be in my PS2 for quite a while. I can’t believe how much more game there is to play.

Sorry for the small post (again) but I’ve really just been to busy to think about anything else, as you can tell. If I ever break through this haze of "videocy" I’ll try and remember to blog something but until then go buy this game.

Movie: The Godfather Part 3

2 comments:

Alan Hovden said...

Hey Travis,

Just letting you know I am about to put up some bits of the next chapter of Virtual Nations. Should be up in a couple of days.

Alan Hovden said...

Travis,

Put up another bit of the novel today. That last post was pretty wild!