Thursday, December 16, 2004

Holidazed


I know, I know I suck at posting. Sorry. Lots has happened since my last real post so let’s begin with the most important news (because you really care).

Universal Records wants to have a sit down meeting with us sometime in the near future. This news comes through our contact lady with them. When I first heard this I didn’t know what to think but the more I think about it, it seems like it could be a very good thing. Let me give to opposed possibilities.

#1 – They heard our demo and liked it. Then the lady that we know saw our battle of the bands show and really liked us. She reports back to work with a glowing review and admonishes an A&R guy to come and check us out at our next show. She also reports that a tentative meeting may be in store (as is customary?) if the A&R guy also likes what he sees.

#2 – They heard our demo and liked it. Then the lady that we know saw our battle of the bands show and really liked us. She reports back to work with a glowing review and admonishes an A&R guy to come and check us out at our next show. As the A&R man looks at his schedule, he decides to not only see us live, but (depending on how he likes us) bring us in for a meeting to talk about our futures together. He reports this to our connected friend and she in turn tells us.

I really hope that something promising comes from this meeting because I’m getting tired of the daily grind. As you may know I have three jobs. A morning job from 6-8am, babysitting/getting to school three kids. A daytime job from 8:30am-5:00pm, office work. A night job from 5:30-10:30pm, bussing at a restaurant. As of this week the kids have three weeks off. So that’s $300 dollars a month I’m not making. Then my office job told me they were going to be doing some "restructuring" which included cutting me back to two days a week in the office and two days a week back at my old position as a janitor. This will possibly be the same amount of money in the end but it really messes with my schedule. Luckily the restaurant wants to give me more hours but that dramatically cuts into band practices. It works for now but this is definitely gonna be temporary.

Thankfully my Saturday morning intern hours/recording work with Joel have remained a possibility. He is in the works to move to a nicer part of town. His new house would be much more "recording friendly". He has also talked about starting to pay me when my hours are done, because he has a number of clients lined up. This is the real direction I would want my non-rockstar career to go in and it looks like that could be a possibility in the future. We’ll see.

With Christmas right around the corner, I’ve turned to online shopping. It really is the way to go when you have zero free time. So far I’ve only gotten my fiancé’s stuff but I’ll soon get the rest and hopefully I’ll do it all without stepping foot in a real store. As for myself, I should be getting most of the stuff I asked for this Christmas including San Andreas (please oh please oh please oh please!). Look for my next post to hit sometime next year. Just kidding I think.

Movie: A Beautiful Mind

No comments: